County Safety Office
P.O. Box 276130
Sacramento, CA 95827
Phone: (916) 876-5026
Our vision is to achieve a working environment that is safe and healthful for all County employees.
Our Mission is to continuously promote an effective injury and illness prevention program and to protect the safety, health and welfare of all County employees by:
- Promoting and maintaining a comprehensive educational program to increase the awareness of and the commitment to employee safety and health at all levels of management and labor.
- Developing and implementing realistic policies and procedures to comply with occupational safety and health regulations. And, where regulations do not exist, develop and implement our own reasonable standards.
- Recognizing, evaluating and controlling potential workplace hazards and recommending necessary corrective actions and follow up to ensure implementation.
- Assisting departments in reducing injuries and illnesses, which affect associated workers’ compensation costs.
- Establishing mutual working relationships with County departments, contractors, and regulatory agencies by responding expeditiously and prudently to all reports of alleged unsafe conditions.
- Continuously promoting a positive attitude towards safety and health principles and practices.
- Maintain the highest level of professional integrity and competence.
- Acknowledge and respond to customer requests in a courteous and professional manner.
- Report findings, recommendations or necessary corrective actions accurately and honestly while respecting confidences of all affected parties.
- Foster and encourage an atmosphere of creativity and openness to innovative ideas.