The Equal Employment Opportunity Advisory Committee (EEOAC) advises the Civil Service Commission, Board of Supervisors, County Executive, Director of Human Resources and other County agency administrators and department heads on the implementation of the County’s equal employment policy to all areas of employment.
The Committee supports and advances the Board of Supervisors’ initiative to achieve workforce diversity through policy development, implementation and effective service delivery strategies.
AppointmentThe committee consists of fifteen members appointed by the Board of Supervisors as follows:
- Seven citizen members appointed from persons who are registered voters of the County and are not County employees and who have submitted letters to the board requesting appointment and indicating their interest in and qualifications for serving on the Committee;
- Four County department heads appointed from nominations submitted to the Board by the County Executive;
- Four representatives of recognized employee organizations appointed from nominations submitted to the board by recognized employee organizations.
If interested in applying for a vacant Citizen Member Seat, please access the Boards and Commissions link on the Board of Supervisors internet site at: http://www.bos.saccounty.net/
The committee conducts the following activities to meet the needs of a diversified community:
- Review and recommend promotion and career advancement procedures to enable all employees to have an equal and fair opportunity to compete for and attain County promotional opportunities, including mentoring, education and training;
- Review statistical information and data concerning the composition of the County workforce as compared to the demographics of the County for the purpose of evaluating the effectiveness of the County's Equal Employment Opportunity program and identifying Equal Employment Opportunity problem areas;
- Recommend departmental and occupational priorities to guide the county in its Equal Employment Opportunity program
- Review issues, terms and conditions of equal employment consistent with applicable employment policies, processes and procedures following existing applicable state and federal laws;
- Review agency service delivery procedures, communication between county agencies and direct contact with community organizations relative to services provided.
EEO Advisory Committee Meetings
Workforce Statistics Reports